About Relax Kids Classes
Relax kids is a franchise, and a leading provider of training, classes and resources in the field of relaxation.
The classes follow 7 steps which take children from a high energy state, to calm and relaxed and are all creatively based on a theme. For further information visit https://www.relaxkids.com/
I am trained as a Relax Kids coach and run several community classes in which parent and child participate together, although private sessions are also available. If a child wants to take time out from the class, i have relaxing resources including a slinky, squeeze balls and self-massage materials available.
I offer a free taster session to anyone new who would like to try out the class.
How can Relax Kids Classes help you and your child
A Relax Kids class can help your child become aware of their feelings and emotions, and how to manage these and self-regulate. They also help children cope with stress and anxiety, improve school performance and behavior and boost their self-esteem and confidence. Additionally, these fun and imaginative classes develop children’s creativity, imagination and self-expression.
Classes at Healing for Kids Holistic Centre Edinburgh
This class is specifically designed for younger children and is most suited to children age 3-5. The class is 45 minutes long, including time to get settled as well as time for a little art at the end of the class. Little stars classes typically start with a story in order to introduce the children to the theme.
This class is suited to primary school age children between 5 and 9 years old and lasts for 1 hour including time to get settled, and usually a little art at the end of the class.
Combined Relax Kids and Energy Healing
This is a 1 hour private session which offers a combination of Relax Kids and Healing. I start with a Relax kids session in order to help your child to relax, thereby increasing their receptiveness to the healing.
The seven steps of a Relax Kids Class
- Move is a fun and energetic warm up
- Play includes fun and active games and activities
- Stretch uses postures taken from yoga, as the pace of the class begins to slow
- Feel parent and child pair up and use simple massage strokes on each other, deepening their bond. Alternatively, one can use the self-massage tools available.
- Breath experience different ways of breathing and connecting to the breath creatively
- Believe affirmations to promote positivity and boost self-esteem and confidence
- Relax get comfortable and let go to experience guided visualizations for relaxation and peace. Cuddly toys, mats and blankets are available to enhance the experience.